Effective online marketing can attract more people to your website, increase customers for your business, and enhance branding of your company and products, for some businesses, especially small to medium businesses, online marketing strategy can be the break-through moment for them.
One of the biggest mistakes that many businesses online make is that they do not have a plan for success, or lack of Plan B and Plan C when 1 or 2 strategies do not work. The reality is, online marketing can stratch as far as your imagination, there is no one success formula, but often a mix of strategies.
As a starting point, you can do some market research analysis on Google, and Yahoo, and MSN, so that you know which search terms people are searching for the most. Some search terms might only produce a couple, 10 or 20 searches a day, and other search terms might have several thousand a day. You will need a big enough market to target because you will be sharing that market with your competitors – sometimes it’s good to be niche, if they are searching 20 a day, but all of the 20 searches go to your site, then that’s also a marketing point.
- Optimize your website so that search engines can find you organically. You can either outsource or utilize the various tools available in the Internet to apply SEO to your website.
- Broadcast your site once live by sending out a press release to your e-mail contacts and to media partners as magazines, newspapers, radio, and television stations. Also gather your contacts list and managed them in a system, this can be using a simple Excel worksheet, or you can use Customer Management Relationship software or other contact management systems.
- Offer an incentive to your affiliates – Offering an incentive to your affiliates might just give them that extra 10% motivation to spend more time promoting your program. More promotion means more sales.
- Your website needs to have a better presentation than your competitors. This means a more engaging demonstration of what you offer, some are using videos to demonstrate the uniqueness about the business, which can be very effective for consumer related products or services.
- Add a page of content – Write an article and add it to your site. The more pages Google can see on your website, the more chances you have of ranking for any particular keyword; keep adding more pages each day and build a habit in doing this.
- Facilitate and run contests and giveaways via your website, even just a small free download report or some kind of coupons or vouchers. Companies like Groupons can work quite well for many start-up businesses.
- Look for websites endorsing products or services that are complementary to the products or services that you promote and get in touch with the site management to propose swapping of links. There are also services out there that help members swap links with each other without cost.
- Build an email database list and send regular newsletters with great content and offering
- Write articles in your field of proficiency and disseminate them to editors to serve as web content for their website with a request that a link to your website and a one-liner about your product or services be included in the article. This can significantly enhance your visibility.
- Establish a business blog offering first-rate content and customary industry observation. Make the blog site interactive so you can not only create a solid brand presence but also utilize it to collect feedback. If you are too busy in writing articles, consider either outsource or use some of the industry news to create web traffic to your site.
- You can also consider listing your products or services with auction sites.
- Registration with the many search engines available is basic in Internet marketing because latent and prospective customers will normally find you through search engines. Remember, you should also register on search engines in different languages, in North America, it is good idea to register both in English & Spanish, in Europe, you should register in all different languages search engines you are targeting.
- Promote your site in industry, specialized, and other key directories – doing so will help your ranking and obtain traffic for your website. By listing on directories, you can be exposed to industry specific members and professionals.
- Dominate your marketing niche with affiliate, reseller, and associate programs.
- Write one piece of content and turn it into multiple pieces of content. For example, let’s say you write a 250 word blog post on Monday. On Tuesday, you can simply turn that blog post into a podcast, and on Wednesday you can turn that same piece of content into a video. This will save you tons of research time trying to come up with the right topic to create content around. Article marketing is one of the best ways to generate traffic, and you can also partner with part-time journalists to help you out.
- Create a web page on popular personal social sites such Facebook and Twitter etc.
- Create a special discussion forum on professional social sites such as LinkedIn, Xing and others.
- Social Bookmarking – This technique involves using popular social sites and bookmark particular post you have made. After posting a video to Youtube, for example, you may want to get additional traffic and backlinks to your website. Bookmarking will help you rise up in the search engine rankings if used correctly.
- Writing Articles- Article marketing is probably the best online marketing strategy when it comes to promoting your home business website(s) online for free. With a little time and effort on your part, you can easily push out 1-2 articles per day and post them to high rank and traffic places.
- Request an analysis from a business coach who has both offline and online marketing expertise, they can offer advice such as changing your web look, changing your online forms and other ways to capture database or create revenue opportunities.
By following the above tips you will be on your way to creating a concrete internet marketing strategy that could boost your business substantially; and this will be the first step to increase your web revenue.